- How to answer the phone
- How to wash my hands
- “Phlebotomy” also includes urine and stool samples (damn)
- Blood can be collected in tons of pretty tubes
- The practice dummies are NOTHING like the real thing (especially the urine and stool samples)
- Allow someone to stick you 6 times in one class and you will indeed look like a junkie
- Oh, and how to draw blood.
Today is the final exam for my class and I am thrilled! I should be studying, but as is traditional for me I’m going to cram and freak out at the last minute and all will be fine. I completed the 25 in-class sticks (or times jabbing someone with a needle and successfully getting blood in a tube) and will be starting my externship week after next. Until then-
VACATION! I’m headed out of town and stopping to see family on the way, making my final destination Florida with more family. I’ll be in the middle of no-where, but that is not too far from Panama City so I’m definitely sneaking off to the beach! I’m also hoping to get into a little bit of trouble while I’m down there ; ) Can’t help but sneek in some naughty fun where ever I go.
(Just in case: there are no actual dummies for practicing the collection of urine and stool samples. It was a joke.)
Edit: Turns out it pays to check the weather BEFORE you make plans. Flood warnings/ potential tornados all through the pan-handle most of the time I’m planning on being gone. *Le sigh* Looks like the beach will have to happen another time, but I’m not about to let some weather kill my vacation! : D